September 30, 2011

Doing chores

Doing chores is part of everyone's life. I clean a little every day so that way I don't have a lot of things to do on Saturdays. I scheduled Saturdays as official cleaning day, which sometimes varies depending on the circumstances.

Doing laundry is one of the things I hate the most because it involves IRONING and this is so time-consuming, it doesn't depend on your speed so there is no way you can do it faster... Nope, those wrinkles take their time to disappear!

After washing this pile of clothes comes the next step... my nightmare!

Looking on the Internet for a more effective way to do chores I found a "Weekly chore schedule" in www.home-ec101.com, see the link here.

Weekly chore schedule:

Monday: Laundry day.
Tuesday: Do the floors. Also pick up items that are misplaced and wipe down.
Wednesday: Errand day. Also clean the car and the entryway of your house.
Thursday: Bathrooms deep cleaning day.
Friday : Deep cleaning the kitchen and also dusting.
Saturday: They make it project day.
Sunday: Is plan the week day.

They also give you a very good tip: "The more stuff you own, the more it must be cared for, don’t be scared to get rid of items you don’t love".

I don't like to dedicate a lot of time to do house chores but at the same time I want a clean house and clean clothes. Do chores in a smart way so you can also enjoy time with your family and do the things you love.

No comments: