July 12, 2011

Make it your style

Sometimes you receive gifts that are not exactly your style, things you'll probably never use because they don't represent who you are or simply you don't like them that much, it happens.
I truly believe that if you receive a gift that you don't like but you want to keep if you make it a little more your style, then you should go for it!
That's what happened to our little lamp here:


I painted the base with white spray paint and also removed the beads, they were a little old fashioned. I recovered the shade with a scrap of fabric that I bought at the craft store in the fabric leftovers department (very affordable). And I didn't even had to sew, I used tacky glue! I never did anything like this before and being so bad for crafts I can't believe I did it.

No comments: