June 24, 2015

Summer pottery

At the end of the school year, Ella's class made pinch pots in art class and each student got to bring his/her finished pinch pot home. When I saw Ella's I thought this could be a fun activity we could do together in the summer, so I went to the store and bought some clay. 

We had a lot of fun making pinch pots but we also made other things like flowers, printed leaves, and pots with faces. I was so excited with this that sometimes Ella was already done with it and I still was giving details to my creations.

Here are some pictures.

Ella's flower which she says is not finished yet.
My pinch pot with a face. I've never worked with pottery before so it's still dusty. I'll have to research if there's something to coat it with so it would have a more finished look.  
This one is painted and I gave it a gloss glaze after (The gloss glaze works only after painted). 
I made this one because I saw something in a store similar to this, not very similar, really. I used a drinking straw to make the holes.
Maybe not as much as I did, but Ella really enjoyed making pottery. 

No comments: