June 17, 2014

Flower crowns

When I was going to get married back in 2007 I wanted to wear a flower crown, I even went out to find out prices and when they told me that it was $50 dollars for a flower crown made with natural flowers I decided to wear natural daisies lined up in a row held with bobby pins. It was a new country for me so I didn't know where to buy craft supplies to make it myself.  


I guess that is something that I always wanted to make and finally, a few days ago, I decided to do it. I bought FAKE flowers. I don't like fake flowers but it made more sense for this project since Ella and I will be wearing them for a photo shoot that Ramon is going to take us. 


I bought four clusters of flowers, flower tape, and florist wire. The total was $9.25 dollars.


I wrapped  the wire around my head twice making a circle then I cut the flowers and secured them with wire. The last step was wrapping the tape around the circumference so the wire didn't prick my head.

Ella chose pinks and I chose yellows... predictable.
The end result was great, we can't wait to take our photos.

Beautiful Ella.

No comments: